Terms and Conditions
- Due to sophisticated nature of the information on the tour, recommended minimum age of participants is 15 years old.
- The length of the tour will vary depending on how many people are in the group, and how much the party are enjoying themselves. The guide endeavours to keep the tour on track time wise and will amend routes as necessary to finish the tour on time advertised.
- Please leave extra time at end of tour before arranging another event, or contact us before booking to discuss finish times on day you wish to book.
- Please wear sensible shoes for a walking tour as the areas we visit have cobbled streets and uneven pavement due historical ages of the sites.
- Please take care when walking especially when pavements are wet or icy.
- Tours go out in all weathers so please dress appropriately.
- Tours cross at authorised crossing point wherever possible, but please do take care when crossing.
- Tours involve climbing stairs, participants must be able to mitigate those.
- You must not, at any time during the tour, be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- If one of our architecture tours is rescheduled, changed or moved, Cobble Tales will give you the option of either retaining and exchanging your tickets for a new date/tour, or alternatively claiming a full refund.
- In the unlikely event that the architecture tour is cancelled by Cobble Tales you will be refunded in full.
- Cancellation of an architecture tour is accepted with at least 48 hours notice.
- Cancellation within 48 hours of any tour commencing will be treated as the tour being fulfilled and no refunds will be given unless cancellation of tours happens due to extreme weather.
- In the event of extreme weather, an alternative date/time will be offered. The tour guide or manager in charge for the day will contact if they deem the weather does not permit the tour to go ahead. The guide/manager will try to contact you by phone/email address provided if any changes need to occur due to weather. Note that tours can and do go ahead in wet/snowy weather.
- No shows will not be refunded.
- We will endeavour to accommodate a rescheduled walking tour for you with up to 2 days notice, but cancellation of the rescheduled date will not be liable to a refund.
Persons that arrive later than 10min to the advertised or agreed time of the public or private tour will be considered as no shows. If you inform us before the start of a PRIVATE tour that your party will be late up to 20min, we will attempt to wait for you, but this is not possible on a public tour.
If for any reason you are entitled to a refund, we will refund your booking with Cobble Tales in the same way as you made payment.
Refunds will only be given on the ticket price, not on any other costs incurred.
Gift vouchers/ gift cards cannot be refunded or redeemed for cash.
Photography and filming
- Photographs and video footage may be taken during the events for promotional or editorial purposes. These images may be used online or in printed matter. If you do not want images of you or your clients to be used please let us know in writing in advance of the event.
- The client must communicate any perceived failure in the performance of this contract on the spot to the tour leader thus giving the tour leader the opportunity to achieve a satisfactory solution. Should this not be possible, you should make your complaint known to us in writing within 28 days of the completion of the tour.
- Copyright of the tour scripts belong to Cobble Tales Limited. No recording devices are permitted on the tour. Ane reproduction of the tour is a breach of copyright.
- By paying for the booking, you are agreeing to accept all the above conditions. The person who is paying for the booking agrees to the acceptance of the terms and conditions on behalf of all the individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.
- Any claims shall be subject to Scottish law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings shall be within the exclusive domain of the Scottish courts.